BUFFALO SALAD BOWLS
I've been on quite the buffalo kick lately, and I've been trying to figure out how to eat more salads. I love vegetables, but I don't really go for salads most of the time. These taco bowls are fun, balanced, and a great low-carb meal. You can go get taco bowls, but I used these Siete almond flour tortillas, and they were perfect. As always, I've included a step-by-step video on TikTok and a vegan version below. ENJOY!
BUFFALO TACO SALAD BOWLS
time: 15 minutes servings: 2
- 2 regular sized tortillas, I used Siete Almond Flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, or rotisserie chicken/ chickpeas if you're doing the vegan version
- 1 tbs sour cream/ vegan sour cream
- 2 tbs buffalo sauce, any kind
- salt & pepper
- greens, any amount
- tomatoes, any amount
- ranch, any kind (optional)
- Grab a small bowl and spray it with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in the bowl, pressing it up against the sides and then spraying it again. If you're using an air fryer, put it in for 12 minutes at 355. If you can put 2 bowls in your air fryer, then do both but otherwise, repeat one more time to make 2 bowls. If you're using an oven, simply place the 2 bowls on a sheet pan and bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly browned. Wait until they cool, and then set aside.
- In separate bowl, shred 2 cups of chicken and then add sour cream, buffalo sauce, and salt & pepper to taste. Set aside
- Now, build your bowls! Add greens first, then chicken, tomatoes, and drizzle over some ranch. ENJOY!
VEGAN VERSION: Instead of chicken, use chickpeas and smash them up in the bowl with the other wet ingredients in step 2.