SPICY BASIL SHRIMP
This is a super easy recipe, and I love how versatile is. You can make this with chicken or tofu and it would be just as great. This dish is all about the herbs and spices that really make it come alive. I had some edamame spaghetti lying around, and to be honest, not a huge fan. I think when I put this on my business menu (@preppedfordays) I'll make it with rice instead. Anyway, as always, I've included a step-by-step video on TikTok and a vegan version below. ENJOY!
SPICY BASIL SHRIMP
time: 20 minutes servings: 2
- 1 lbs large raw shrimp, no tail, no shell OR extra firm tofu if doing the vegan version
- 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbs of chopped garlic
- 1 tbs of chili powder OR cayenne, paprika, onion powder
- 1 tbs of basil paste
- any pasta or rice, cooked according to the package
- chopped fresh basil
- 1 chopped jalapeno (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese OR vegan parmesan
- In a large bowl, add your washed shrimp and drizzle about 1 tbs of the oil from the sun dried tomato jar. You just want to get the shrimp slightly oily to absorb the spices, but not too much since you'll also add more to the pan.
- Now add all of the spices and basil paste listed above with an addition of a large dash of salt & pepper. Mix well and let them sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, remove the shrimp from the fridge and get your pan ready.
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, add 2 tbs of oil from the sun dried tomato jar, however many sun dried tomatoes you want, and the chopped garlic into the pan. Let this simmer until you smell the garlic.
- Now add your shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes. Shrimp cooks quickly, so you won't need much time here.
- Once done, serve your shrimp over rice, pasta or vegetables. Add all the toppings you want, and ENJOY!
VEGAN VERSION: Instead of shrimp, do the exact same steps with EXTRA FIRM TOFU. Pat the tofu down with a napkin to make sure it's really dry before you add into the bowl.